The Troth was founded by Edred Thorsson and James Chisholm on December 20, 1987, as The Ring of Troth.
The Troth is an international Heathen organization based in the United States and is a non-profit corporation registered in the state of Texas. Additionally, The Troth is recognized by the state of New York as a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization.
The Troth does not support any misuse of Germanic religion and culture to advance causes of racism, white supremacy, or any other form of discrimination. Membership in the Troth is open to all who seek to know and honor the Gods, ancestors, and values of the pre-Christian Germanic traditions, regardless of gender, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.
The Troth is proud to include some of Heathenry's best authors and musicians in our ranks. Their work ranges from fiction and poetry, to basic works on Heathen religion, to academic publications. We've set up this page to showcase the work of current members. If you're a Troth member in good standing and would like to be listed here -- or if you're not a member, or for any other reason don't want to be listed here -- please send the relevant information to [email protected]
Please note that these books and recordings are not official Troth publications. They do not necessarily represent the positions of the Troth, or the opinions of all members. Nonetheless, we are proud that our members have contributed so much to the Heathen revival. We haven't listed every work by every author or artist, but have focused on those that are likeliest to be of interest to the Heathen community.
Lore Program Papers:
- Jeremy Baer, The Divergent Values of the Havamal, February 2015.
- Joseph Bloch, Loyalty and Conflicting Loyalties in Germanic Society, March 2015.
- Kurt Hohmann, Skadi and Freya: Female Powers amongst the Aesir.
- Steve Abell. Days in Midgard: A Thousand Years On - Modern Legends Based on Northern Myth
- Jenny Blain. Nine Worlds of Seid-Magic: Ecstasy and Neo-Shamanism in North European Paganism
- Jenny Blain. Sacred Sites: Contested Rites/Rights
- Joseph Bloch. Rites of the Heathen Household
- Hester Butler-Ehle, Hearth and Field: A Heathen Prayer Book. Formats: Paperback, Kindle, iBooks/iTunes, eBook/ePub.
- Thomas DeMayo. The Demonology of William of Auvergne: By Fire and Sword
- Thomas DeMayo. Spirits and Dreams of the Viking Age (supplement for the Call of Cthulhu RPG)
- Su Eaves. From Saga's Hall: Norse Myths from a Different Point of View. Formats: Paperback, eBook/ePub
- Erik D. Goodwyn. The Neurobiology of the Gods: How Brain Physiology Shapes the Recurrent Imagery of Myth and Dreams. Also available for the Amazon Kindle.
- Heidi Graw, Freydis Heimdallson, and John Mainer. Kindertales: Stories Old and New for the Children of the Folk.
- Kveldulf Gundarsson. Teutonic Magic
- Kveldulf Gundarsson. Elves, Wights, and Trolls: Studies Towards the Practice of Germanic Heathenry: Vol. I (v. 1)
- Patricia Lafayllve. Freyja, Lady, Vanadis: An Introduction to the Goddess
- Patricia Lafayllve. A Practical Heathen's Guide to Asatru.
- Laure Lynch. Odhroerir: Nine Devotional Tales of Odin's Journeys.
- Laure Lynch. Water from the Well and Other Wyrd Tales of Odin.
- John Mainer and Freydis Heimdallson.Kindertales II: More Stories for the Children of the Folk
- Diana Paxson. Essential Asatru: Walking the Path of Norse Paganism
- Diana Paxson. Taking Up The Runes: A Complete Guide To Using Runes In Spells, Rituals, Divination, And Magic
- Diana Paxson. Trance-portation: Learning to Navigate the Inner World. Also available for the Amazon Kindle.
- Diana Paxson. The Way of the Oracle: Recovering the Practices of the Past to Find Answers for Today. Also available for the Amazon Kindle.
- Diana Paxson. The Wolf and the Raven (reissue of 1993 novel
). Formats: Paperback or PDF file.
- Robert L. Schreiwer. The First Book of Urglaawe Myths
- Robert L. Schreiwer. A Dictionary of Urglaawe Terminology
- Ann Groa Sheffield. Frey, God of the World.
- Ann Groa Sheffield. Long Branches: Runes of the Younger Futhark.
- Edred Thorsson. Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic
- Edred Thorsson. Runecaster's Handbook: The Well of Wyrd
- Edred Thorsson. Runelore: A Handbook of Esoteric Runology
- Edred Thorsson. Northern Magic: Rune Mysteries and Shamanism (Llewellyn's World Magic Series)
- Ben Waggoner. Say What I Am: Old English Riddles from the Exeter Book. Also available as a PDF file.
- Ashagal. Contact: John Harford.
- Hauk Heimdallsman. Hauk
- Skaldic Hearth Kin. Winter Wassail. Featuring contributions from Hauk Heimdallsman, Patty Lafayllve, Guild Barber, Guy Eaves, et al.