Cybill Shepherd's Biography
Cybill Shepherd is an American actress, born 18 February 1950, Memphis, Tennessee. Shepherd's career as a model started in her teens. Director Peter Bogdanovich spotted her on the cover of a magazine and gave her a role in The Last Picture Show (1971); after several films the next big step was Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver (1976). Her next films were largely unsuccessful.
In the 1980s she starred opposite Bruce Willis in the television series Moonlighting (1985-89), a lighthearted combination of mystery and comedy. Here is a picture of her in Moonlighting as Maddie Hayes in a contemporary version of Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare.
In the 1990s she starred in Cybill, a television sitcom in which the title character was roughly modelled on herself: an actress struggling with hammy parts in B movies and bad soaps.
* Marine Life (2000)
* The Muse (1999)
* The Last Word (aka Cosa Nostra: The Last Word) (1994)
* Once Upon a Crime... (1992)
* Married to It (1991)
* Alice (1990)
* Texasville (1990)
* Chances Are (1989)
* The Return (aka The Alien's Return aka Earthright) (1980)
* Americathon (1979) (minor appearance)
* The Lady Vanishes (1979) (remake of a Hitchcock classic)
* Silver Bears (1977)
* Special Delivery (aka Dangerous Break) (1976)
* Taxi Driver (1976)
* At Long Last Love (1975)
* Daisy Miller (1974)
* The Heartbreak Kid (1972)
* The Last Picture Show (1971)