Allen Greenfield - A True History of Witchcraft (66.0 Kb)
Book downloads: 104
To get magic book to you mailbox every week please subscribe to my mailing list, using form below
To arrive at some perspective on what the modern mythos called, variously, "Wicca", the "Old Religion", "Witchcraft" and "Neopaganism" is, we must firstly make a firm distinction "witchcraft" in the popular informally defined sense may have little to do with the modern religion that goes by the same name. It has been argued by defenders of and formal apologists for modern Wicca that it is a direct lineal descendent of an ancient, indeed, prehistoric worldwide folk religion. Some proponents hedge their claims, calling Wic... More >>>
Book can be downloaded, and can be ordered on CD.Note that, unfortunately, not all my books can be downloaded or ordered on CD due to the restrictions of copyright. However, most of the books on this site do not have copyright restrictions. If you find any copyright violation, please contact me at [email protected]. I am very attentive to the issue of copyright and try to avoid any violations, but on the other hand to help all fans of magic to get access to information.
To arrive at some perspective on what the modern mythos called, variously, "Wicca", the "Old Religion", "Witchcraft" and "Neopaganism" is, we must firstly make a firm distinction "witchcraft" in the popular informally defined sense may have little to do with the modern religion that goes by the same name. It has been argued by defenders of and formal apologists for modern Wicca that it is a direct lineal descendent of an ancient, indeed, prehistoric worldwide folk religion. Some proponents hedge their claims, calling Wicca a "revival" rather than a continuation of an ancient cult. Oddly enough, there may never have been any such cult!
Allen H. Greenfield (born 1946), also known by his ecclesiastical name Tau Sir Hasirim, is an American occultist and writer, and bishop of the Gnostic Catholic Church who lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greenfield was elected and consecrated a Bishop by the Holy Synod of the Neopythagorean Gnostic Church in 1986. In 1987 he was ordained bishop within the Gnostic Catholic Church and was consecrated in New York in November 1988. His episcopal title "Tau" is sometimes abbreviated as "T" and prefixed to his legal name, and thus he may also be referred to as T Allen Greenfield. A former member of Ordo Templi Orientis and editor of the Eulis Lodge journal LAShTAL, Greenfield has more recently become a critic of the Order's upper management. In February 2006, he called for their resignation and stepped down from all managerial duties in protest, issuing a strong criticism of the current Outer Head of the Order, William Breeze.
A past (elected) member of the Society for Psychical Research and the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (from 1960), he has twice been the recipient of the "UFOlogist of the Year Award" of the National UFO Conference (1972 and 1992).
His book Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts ("a very strange book, even for the field of UFOlogy") discusses UFOs in terms derived from Carl Jung, according to Robert Anton Wilson. His The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light includes discussion of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light vs. Helena Blavatsky's Brotherhood of Luxor but is, according to a reviewer in Aries, to be used "with care". His book The Compleat Rite of Memphis is a comprehensive history of an Egyptian Rite of Freemasonry, and he edited an authorized, annotated edition of the work Liber Thirty-One by Charles Stansfeld Jones.
Greenfield has devoted the last eight years to the worldwide Free Illuminist or Congregational Illuminist Movement which currently has more than three hundred members.
Allen H. Greenfield Bibliography:
- Silver Bridge, by Gray Barker, introduction by Allen Greenfield. Saucerian Books, 1970. Library of Congress Catalogue Number 70-119512.
- Saucers and Saucerers. PANP Press, 1975.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. Illuminet Press, 1994; Revised Edition Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6759-X
- The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light. Looking Glass Press, 1997. ISBN 91-88708-03-9
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-01-6
- Liber Thirty-One (The Authorized Edition by C.S. Jones (Frater Achad); edited and annotated by T Allen Greenfield. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-00-8
- The Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. Edited by Richard Metzger; Allen Greenfield, contributor. - Disinformation Books, 2003. ISBN 0-9713942-7-X
- Secret Rituals of the Men in Black. Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6764-6
- The Roots of Modern Magick: Glimpses of the Authentic Tradition from 1700-2000, An Anthology. Revised edition, Manutius Press, 2006. ISBN 978-1-4116-8978-7
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Revised edition, Createspace, 2014. ISBN 978-1502371867
- Christ and the Master Therion. Revised edition, by T Allen Greenfield (Author), Charles Stansfeld Jones (Author). Createspace, 2012. ISBN 978-1478292722
- Angel Spells: The Enochian Occult Workbook Of Charms, Seals, Talismans And Ciphers. by Maria D' Andrea (Author), Sean Casteel (Author), William Alexander Oribello (Author), Bishop Allen Greenfield (Author), Timothy Green Beckley (Introduction). Inner Light - Global Communications, 2014. ISBN 978-1606111642