Kennet Granholm - Embracing The Dark (4.4 MB)
Book downloads: 58
To get magic book to you mailbox every week please subscribe to my mailing list, using form below
The Magic Order of Dragon Rouge- Its Practice in Dark Magic and Meaning Making.The main aim of the present study is to gain an insight into contemporary Western neopagan-magic spiritualities in general, and into Dragon Rouge in particular. The fundamental questions have been 'What is Dragon Rouge?' 'How does Dragon Rouge operate and function?' and 'What is specific to Dragon Rouge, and in what way does this order fit into the Western alternative spiritual milieu?'. Dragon Rouge is a rather new alternative spiritual organizat... More >>>
Book can be downloaded, and can be ordered on CD.Note that, unfortunately, not all my books can be downloaded or ordered on CD due to the restrictions of copyright. However, most of the books on this site do not have copyright restrictions. If you find any copyright violation, please contact me at [email protected]. I am very attentive to the issue of copyright and try to avoid any violations, but on the other hand to help all fans of magic to get access to information.
The Magic Order of Dragon Rouge- Its Practice in Dark Magic and Meaning Making.
The main aim of the present study is to gain an insight into contemporary Western neopagan-magic spiritualities in general, and into Dragon Rouge in particular. The fundamental questions have been 'What is Dragon Rouge?' 'How does Dragon Rouge operate and function?' and 'What is specific to Dragon Rouge, and in what way does this order fit into the Western alternative spiritual milieu?'. Dragon Rouge is a rather new alternative spiritual organization and very little study has been carried out on the group (see section 1.3.1). This is why a thorough introduction to the order is called for.
In addition to this, very little research has been done on magical movements similar to Dragon Rouge. In the area of Western esotericism many forms of magico-occult spiritualities have been researched, but even so, very few studies on movements adhering to the Western Left Hand Path are to be found. Therefore I consider it a meaningful task to give Dragon Rouge a comprehensive presentation. A strictly descriptive account is not enough, however, since Dragon Rouge as a movement operates with concepts which might be unfamiliar to non-magicians, including academics not well acquainted with the field of Western esotericism.
My investigation aims at providing a deeper analysis as well.
I wanted to investigate what it was in Dragon Rouge, and in particular in the worldview fostered by the order, that in the view of the members of the order made such disregard to criticism possible. I came to the conclusion that I had to explore the worldview and philosophy of Dragon Rouge in order to get to the bottom of the issue.
In combination with the first of my questions, which had remained a constant, this resulted in the new question: 'What is specific to Dragon Rouge?' and 'In what way does Dragon Rouge fit into, and relate to, the cultic milieu?' In my view, these two questions provide a more fruitful approach to the subject of the
Kennet Granholm born 1977 M.A. Abo Akademi University 2001 Researcher Department of Comparative Religion, Abo Akademi University.
Kennet Granholm the scholar of esotericism has argued that academics should cease referring to "Western esotericism" altogether, instead simply favouring "esotericism" as a descriptor of this phenomenon.
From webpage of Dr. Kennet Granholm:
I'm a scholar of religion focused on the study of contemporary esotericism. In particular, I am interested in the impact of late modern societal change, the development of new methodological and theoretical approaches and perspectives, and the exploration of new and "alternative" arenas for the esoteric. In many ways religion, and the esoteric, nowadays functions and is used as entertainment and pastime, and thus I have a strong interest in the study of popular culture.
In my list of publications you will find more information on the work I have done, and under "Current Research" you can read about the work I am engaged in right now.
Kennet Granholm Bibliography (not complete, see full here http://kennetgranholm.com/home/publications/):
Monographs and Edited Volumes:
- "Secret Lineages and de facto Satanists: Anton LaVey's Use of Esoteric Tradition". In Egil Asprem and Kennet Granholm (eds.). Contemporary Esotericism.
- Contemporary Esotericism. Edited with Egil Asprem. London: Acumen/Equinox Publishing, 2013. Published by Routledge since 2014.
- Embracing the Dark: The magic order of Dragon Rouge : its practice in dark magic and meaning making - Anthropological work by Kenneth Granholm on the Dragon Rouge
- Dark Enlightenment: The Historical, Sociological, and Discursive Contexts of Contemporary Esoteric Magic. Leiden: Brill, 2014.
- Religion, Media, and Social Change. Edited with Marcus Moberg and Sofia Sjo. London & New York: Routledge, 2015.
- Perspektiv pa esoterisk nyandlighet. Abo: Uniprint, 2008.
- "New Age or Mass-Popularization of Esoteric Discourse: Some Preliminary Reflections on the Reconceptualization of New Age." Torino: CESNUR, 2008.
- "Conference Rapport: Western Esotericism at the 2008 CESNUR Conference." In ESSWE Newsletter, May 14, 2008.
- "New Religiosity; If Not New Age, Then What?" In ESSWE Newsletter, May 14, 2008.
- "Il Dragon Rouge e la Via della Mano Sinistra." In the online encyclopedia Le religioni in Italia, 2007.
- "'The Prince of Darkness on the Move'. Transnationality and Translocality in Left-Hand Path Magic." Torino: CESNUR, 2007.
- "Symbolic Death and Rebirth in the Left Hand Path." Torino: CESNUR, 2005.
- "Feminine Symbolism and the Left Hand Path." ASANAS 2004. Audio file.
- "Teosofiska Samfundet." In the project Uttryck for tro[Expression of Faith], in which new teaching material was produced for the religious education in senior high school. 2004.
- "Dragon Rouge - A Spiritual Organisation in Opposition to the Society and the Church?" Torino: CESNUR, 2001.
Source: wikipedia, kennetgranholm.com (official Kennet Granholm's site)