Gael Baudino's Biography
Gael Baudino (born 1955) is a contemporary American (lesbian) fantasy author who also writes under the pseudonyms of Gael Kathryns, Gael A. Kathryns, and G.A. Kathryns. She attended college at the University of Southern California. Sometime before 1994 she converted from Dianic Wicca and became a Quaker. As Gael Kathryns she contributed several instructional articles about harping to the Folk Harp Journal during the 1990s.
Gael Baudino was openly Wiccan, then left Dianic Wicca to go to the Quakers and worship the Goddess there.
Gael Baudino Bibliography:
The Dragonsword Trilogy
- Dragonsword (1988) ISBN 1-55802-003-9
- Duel of Dragons (1991) ISBN 0-451-45097-3
- Dragon Death (1992) ISBN 0-451-45147-3
The Strands Series
- Strands of Starlight (1989) ISBN 0-451-16371-0
- Maze of Moonlight (1993) ISBN 0-451-45230-5
- Shroud of Shadow (1993) ISBN 0-451-45294-1
- Strands of Sunlight (1994) ISBN 0-451-45408-1
- Spires of Spirit (1997) ISBN 0-451-45568-1 - A collection of six short stories set in the "Strands" universe. One of its stories, "The Shadow of the Starlight", was previously published in slightly different form in the April 1985 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
The Water! series
- O Greenest Branch! (1995) ISBN 0-451-45449-9
- The Dove Looked In (1996) ISBN 0-451-45497-9
- Branch and Crown (1996) ISBN 0-451-45553-3
- Gossamer Axe (1990) ISBN 0-451-45025-6
- The Borders of Life (1999) as G.A. Kathryns. ISBN 0-451-45574-6 This book is previewed in the back of Spires of Spirit with the working title of The Bournes of Life. The preview identifies Gael Baudino as the author rather than G.A. Kathryns.
- "Lady of the Forest End" - Amazons II edited by Jessica Amanda Salmonson (1982) ISBN 0-87997-736-1
- "The Shadow of the Starlight"
- "The Persistence of Memory"
- "Tidings of Comfort and Joy" edited by Dennis L. McKiernan - The Magic of Christmas (1992) ISBN 0-451-45190-2
- "Before" - Lammas Night edited by Mercedes Lackey (1996) ISBN 0-671-87713-5
- "Bitterfoot" - Sisters in Fantasy 2 edited by Susan Schwartz (1996) ISBN 0-451-45503-7
- "Charity" - written between 1981 and 1984 and published in 1997 in Spires of Spirit.
- "Lady of Light" - written between 1981 and 1984 and published in 1997 in Spires of Spirit.
- "A Touch of Distant Hands" - written between 1981 and 1984 and published in 1997 in Spires of Spirit.
- "Elvenhome" - written between 1981 and 1984 and published in 1997 in Spires of Spirit.
- "Please Come to Denver (in the Spring)" - written between 1981 and 1984 and published in 1997 in Spires of Spirit.
- The Wire Strung Primer (as Gael Kathryns) - Raging Celt Productions, Englewood, Colorado, 1991
- Interzone Science Fiction magazine #90 (1994), page 19-22. Interview by David V. Barrett: "Music and Magic"