On Methods Vsed to Deriue Certayne Divers
Names from the Enochian Tablets
In the Enochian 'system' there are four elemental tablets and another
one corresponding to Spirit (called the Tablet of Union).
The elemental tablets are 12 squares wide and 13 squares deep (156
squares per tablet), except for the Spirit Tablet, which is 5x4. In
each square is a letter that Dee and Kelley received by Actions or
workings, with certain angels recorded elswhere. By methods contained
herein, names can be drawn out which consist of the Enochian Hierarchy.
The Tablets being used are the April 20th, 1587 revision by Raphael,
called the "Tabula Recensa."
I. Tablet of UNION
1. The Tablet of Union is a square composed of 20 squares, being 5
squares wide, and 4 squares deep. By reading the files (top to bottom)
or lines (left to right) we derive certain names.
2. The whole tablet itself is attributed to Spirit while different
files and lines are attributed to the elements as such:
Spirit Air Water Earth Fire
: : : : :
: : : : :
v v v v v
> E X A R P
> H C O M A
> N A N T A
> B I T O M
3. Using this method, we can see that the name EHNB consists of all
the elements but is attributed to Spirit. EXARP is also all the
elements, but attributed to Air, etc.
4. What are generally referred to as the Spirit names are: EXARP,
HCOMA, NANTA, and BITOM, read from the 1st - 4th line, left to right.
5. EXARP governs the Air Tablet; HCOMA the Water Tablet; NANTA the
Earth Tablet; and BITOM the Fire Tablet.
II. The Elemental Tablets
1. As stated before, the four elemental tablets are ruled 12x13 each,
156 squares per tablet total. Each tablet is attributed to one of the
four elements: Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.
2. Additionally, each tablet has four subquadrants. They are 5x6
squares each and positioned in each corner of the tablet in question.
They are also attributed to the four elements in a like manner of the
3. For example, on the Air tablet, you will have an Air subquadrant
corresponding to Air of Air; a water subquadrant corresponding to Water
of Air; a earth subquadrant for Earth of Air; and a Fire subquandrant for
Fire of Air.
4. Each subquadrant contains a Calvary Cross which is the 3rd Column
and 2nd Line of the subquadrant. It contains the God-Names of the
subquadrant. The squares af the Cross are referred to as the Sephirotic
5. The first line of a subquadrant (excepting the 3rd column) is
called the Kerubic Squares.
6. Lines of a subquadrant 3-6 (excepting Col. 3) are called the
7. With the subquadrant of the tablet ruled out, this leaves a cross
in the center of the tablet. The cross is attributed to the mystical
element of Spirit and contains the names of the God-name of the Tablet,
the King, and the 6 Seniors.
8. The 7th Line of the tablet is called the Line of the Holy Spirit
or Linea Spiritus Sancti.
9. The 6th Column of the tablet is called the Line of the Father or
10. The 7th Column of the tablet is called the Line of the Son or
11. When the four tablets are placed together as the Watchtowers, the
cross dividing the tablets is called the Black Cross and is attributed
to Spirit (Tablet of Union).
12. The Four Great Watchtowers of the Universe
::r Z i l a f A Y t l p a::e::T a O A d v p t D n i m::
::a r d Z a i d p a L a m:: ::a a b c o o r o m e b b::
::c z o n s a r o Y a v b::x::T o g c o n x m a l G m::
::T o i T t z o P a c o C::a::n h o d D i a l e a o c::
::S i g a s o m r b z n h::r::p a t A x i o V s P s N::
::f m o n d a T d i a r i::p::S a a i x a a r V r o i::
::o r o i b A h a o z p i:: ::m p h a r s l g a i o l::
::t N a b r V i x g a s d::h::M a m g l o i n L i r x::
::O i i i t T p a l O a i:: ::o l a a D n g a T a p a::
::A b a m o o o a C u c a::C::p a L c o i d x P a c n::
::N a o c O T t n p r n T::o::n d a z N z i V a a s a::
::o c a n m a g o t r o i::m::i i d P o n s d A s p i::
::S h i a l r a p m z o x::a::x r i n h t a r n d i L::
Cross ::m o t i b a T n a n n a n T a b i t o m:: Black
::b O a Z a R o p h a R a::a::d o n p a T d a n V a a::
::u N n a x o P S o n d n::m::o l o a G e o o b a u a::
::a i g r a n o o m a g g::o::O P a m n o V G m d n m::
::o r p m n i n g b e a l::C::a p l s T e d e c a o p::
::r s O n i z i r l e m v:: ::s c m i o o n A m l o x::
::i z i n r C z i a M h l::h::V a r s G d L b r i a p::
::M o r d i a l h C t G a:: ::o i P t e a a p D o c e::
::O c a n c h i a s o m t::p::P s u a c N r Z i r Z a::
::A r b i z m i i l p i z::r::S i o d a o i n r z f m::
::O p a n a l a m S m a P::a::d a l t T d n a d i r e::
::d O l o P i n i a n b a::x::d i x o m o n s i o s p::
::r x p a o c s i z i x p:: ::O o D p z i A p a n l i::
::a x t i r V a s t r i m::e::r g o a n n p A C r a r::
III. The Secret Holy Names of God
1. The God-name of the tablet is found on the Linea Spiritus Sancti.
2. The name is divided into three names. One is 3 letters, one 4
letters, and one 5 letters. Hence this is also called the 3,4,5 Name.
3. Using the Air Tablet we get the name ORO,IBAH,AOZPI. For the
Water Tablet MPH,ARSL,GAIOL. For Earth MOR,DIAL,HCTGA. And for Fire
IV. The Great Kings (or Whirls)
1. Next in the Hierarchy are the Kings of the Tablets. Their names
are gotten from the center of each elemental tablet and read in a spiral.
2. Example: The King of Air is BATAIVAH
> f m o n d /A T d i a r i
> o r o i B A-->H A o z p i
> t n a b r V I/ x g a s d
3. The King of Water is RAAGIOSL, King of Earth is ICZHIHAL, and the
King of Fire is EDLPRNAA.
V. The Seniors
1. There are Six Seniors per tablet and twenty-four in all. They are
all planetary in nature excepting the Sun, which is attributed to the
2. The Names are derived from the Linea Spiritus Sancti (Linea S.S.),
the Linea Patris, and the Linea Filii. These names are 7 letters long.
3. They are read outward from the center starting at:
Col. 6, Line 7, left to right; Col. 7, Line 7, right to left;
Col. 7, Line 7, bottom to top; Col. 6, line 7, bottom to top;
Col. 7, line 7, top to bottom; Col. 6, line 7, top to bottom.
4. Example: Air Tablet Seniors -
Col. 6 Col. 7
: I D :
: A R :
AAOZAIF : : HTMORDA
: Z O :
: O M :
: A T :
HABIORO : : AHAOZPI
Line 7 --> O R O I B A H A O Z P I
c z O : n s
t o I : t t
s i G : a s
f m O n d
From this we derive the names: IDOIGO and ARDZA.
VII. The Kerubic Angels
1. The Kerubic angels are obtained from the 1st line of a subquadrant
(except the 3rd column, which is part of the Calvary Cross), from
reading left to right.
2. This Kerub also has companions derived from its name by reading
left to right, starting from the next letter to the right.
3. Example in air of Air: RZLA with companions ZLAR, LARZ, and ARZL
Example in fire of Air: XGSD with companions GSDX, SDXG, and DXGS
4. In addition, a ruling Kerubic Archangel can be obtained by taking
the appropriate Tablet of Union letter from the Black Cross and
placing it before the name of the Kerubic angel.
5. Example in air of Air: ERZLA rules RZLA, ZLAR, LARZ, and ARZL.
Example in fire of Air: HXGSD rules XGSD, GSDX, SDXG, and DXGS.
VIII. The Servient Angels
1. The Servient Angels are found in the 3rd through 6th lines of a
subquadrant by reading left to right; again, except for the 3rd
2. They are called forth by the vertical Calvary Cross God-name, and
controlled by the horizontal Calvary Cross God-name.
3. As the Kerubic Angels, they too have companions which are obtained
from their names by reading left to right, starting from the next
letter to the right. This makes a total of sixteen Servient Angels
4. Example in air of Air:
CZNS with companions ZNSC, NSCZ, and SCZN
TOTT with companions OTTT, TTTO, and TTOT
SIAS with companions IASS, ASSI, and SSIA
FMND with companions MNDF, NDFM, and DFMN
IX. The Cacodaemons
1. The Cacodaemons (elementals) or 'evil' influences are obtained by
adding the appropriate letter from the Black Cross and putting it
before the first two letters of the Servient Squares.
2. Example in air of Air: XCZ, ATO, RSI, and PFM
3. These are ruled by the reversed Calvary Cross God-names. The
reversed 6-lettered name calls them forth, and the reversed 5-lettered
name controls them.
4. Example in earth of AIR: IAOAIA calls forth CAB, ONA, MOC and ASH
TIIIO controls them.
NOTE: I used Dee's methods to obtain the names of the Enochian Hierarchy
present in the Tabula Recensa (1587 reformed tablets). The Golden Dawn
methods that are used seemed to have been pulled out of a hat so to speak.
If anyone has more information concerning how to obtain names from the
tablets via Dee, please submit the information to the address below.
This file was compiled for the Ouroboros Sig on *Modem Magick* If anyone
has corrections or comments, we can be reached via modem, 8/N/1-12/2400
baud-23 hours. (619)447-5010.